Humans have caused lots of damage to the planet, and part of it is irreparable. We have destroyed wildlife, biodiversity, nature, the ozone, we have created mountains of garbage and waste that can never dissolve on its own. We wanted to get short-term advantages but as a result we received long-term threat. We made our own lives miserable and we are not leaving a good future for the next generations. Even though you might live in a clean city, it does not deny the fact that there is pollution everywhere that will get to all of us. We hope the following 13 photos will help you wake up and become more aware of the fact that we are all responsible for what is happening, and a little contribution is better than no help at all.
1. Faking reality will not create an alternative one. We can deny it as much as we want to, but it is not how we can change it for the better.
2. Solid waste is responsible for the death of a thousand children per year in India only. Now do you think it is an insignificant issue?
3. No animal leaves garbage behind them. These marine creatures did nothing to deserve what we are doing to their environment.
4. This is not a scene from a movie, it is reality that is happening more often than you think.
5. You would never live surrounded with this amount of garbage, so why force this fish to live here?
6. This photo was taken in Brazil and it shows the dangerous effects of climate change to the environment.
7. This is a photo of a pelican which was affected by the 2010 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.
8. This is how they manage solid waste in Bangladesh.
9. It is estimated that in 2017, 8 million tons of garbage were thrown in the sea.
10. And 200 kilograms of trash are being thrown into oceans every minute.
11. In 2017 only, about 5.6 quadrillion cigarette butts were found in the seas.
12. Pollution takes the lives of around 3 million children every year under the age of 5.
13. This model was made by Greenpeace to raise awareness about the amount of plastic whales consume.